[Linphone-developers] Help needed

From: Karahan
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Help needed
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:04:36 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a student and my class project is to implement a messenger in c/c++, like Windows Messanger 5.1, which will use SIP.
I completely got lost in all RFC's. I read RFC3261 (SIP), RFC3428( SIP extension for instant messaging) and bunch of the rest....
What I didn't understand,  for a messenger I have to use SIP for initiating and closing the session , and then while messaging and sending some ascii
or binary files what should I do? Put everything under the SIP ptotocol stack or use some other protocols? If I have to use some other protocols like RTP, SDP,MSRP should SIP header files be present up on the other protocol stacks header field or SIP is just for initiating this session and then I don't have to use sip header fields any more....
In my project I won't use voice or media transfers that means it will just consist of  instant messaging, buddy lists(online-offline-blocked) and file transfer (binary or ascii).

If you give me some details I will be obliged...

Yours Sincerely,

Karahan