Re: [Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler

From: Charles Eidsness
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:31:23 -0500

Hi All,

Months ago I posted a patch to add an echo canceler to linphone version 0.12.2. After some more testing I discovered that my original patch wasn't very robust. Since no one had shown any interest in it I had simply pulled it off the web. In the meantime I've been able to sort out a lot of my issues and have gotten it to work a little better. You can find a patch that adds an echo-canceler module to linphone here:

http://downloads.cooper-street.com/linphone-0.12.2-ec.patch

and you'll need my echo canceler library which you can find here:

http://downloads.cooper-street.com/voiceEC-0.6.tar.gz

A few words of warning. This code should be considered a "alpha" release. This is not a drop in module. You will probably have to figure out how the echo canceler works and make changes to the code.

My echo canceler library uses fixed point only, if you have an FPU I strongly recommend you use the floating point echo canceler you can find the reference directory of my library. You'll get way better performance. It's written in C++ and you'll probably want to convert it to C.

My patch to linphone is a complete hack job. If you look at the code I'm sure it will jump out at you. My changes to linphone work but they aren't very elegant, getting a multi-input / multi-output module to work in the mediatstreamer took more effort than I had originally thought.

I think that's about it. If you do manage to get it to work or make changes to it I'd appreciate you letting me know.

Hope someone finds that useful :)
Charles