Re: [Linphone-developers] trying to compile a static version of linphone

From: Charles Eidsness
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] trying to compile a static version of linphone on Debian
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:44:47 -0500

Hi Oliver,

That's too bad, I was hoping it was related to that dlopen warning.

Unfortunately I can't give you a definitive answer (maybe someone else can) but here are some things you can try:

- make sure you are using the --enable-static and --disable-shared flags when you run configure
- use the --with-gnu-ld flag when you run configure
- use "make CFLAGS+=-static LDFLAGS+=-static" instead of just "make"
- move all of the dynamic libraries out of the lib directory of your toolchain before compiling (leave only *.a and the crt?.o) (that's an ugly hack but gets the job done)

Hope something there helps,
Charles