Re: [Linphone-developers] jack

From: Will Kemp
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] jack
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:42:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Tobias Gehrig wrote:

> here is the patch against my patch from september that should also apply
> to current cvs. It includes a fix against the buzz that was on the line
> when there was no call. You can now specify (in the code) if you want
> the jack client to be persistent or not through the obj->persistent
> variable in the jack_card_new() function. I did not manage it to be
> configurable through the preferences dialog yet.

hi!

i gave up on the cvs version in the end and patched 0.12.2. it works well,
but there is a little bit of what i reckon is a bug...

running it with a persistent jack connection, when you first start up
linphone, you can't connect it to other devices. this is presumably
because linphone's audio thread, or whatever it is, hasn't been started
yet.

if you make a call, it automatically connects to the input and output
devices and then you can connect it to whatever you like. once the call
ends, the connections to the input and output devices go away, but the
user-connected links stay up. after that, you can connect it normally -
(except, of course, that it will always kill the input and output
connections when you end a call).

it's not a particularly big deal, but it does make it a bit clunky to use
- and not automate-able.

thanks!

will