Re: [Linphone-developers] jack

From: Will Kemp
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] jack
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:35:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Tobias Gehrig wrote:

> here is the patch against my patch from september that should also apply
> to current cvs. It includes a fix against the buzz that was on the line
> when there was no call. You can now specify (in the code) if you want
> the jack client to be persistent or not through the obj->persistent
> variable in the jack_card_new() function. I did not manage it to be
> configurable through the preferences dialog yet.

that's great! thanks for that.

however, i'm having trouble getting the cvs source tree to build properly.

although i've had quite a lot of experience building stuff from sources,
i'm not a C programmer, so some of this stuff goes a bit over my head.

i believe, with the cvs copy, the procedure is to run ./autogen.sh and
then run ./configure ?

autogen chucks out what appear to me to be errors and doesn't seem to
complete very tidily. however, i don't know how it's supposed to end!

address@hidden linphone]$ ./autogen.sh
Generating build scripts in linphone...
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
configure.in:33: installing `./config.guess'
configure.in:33: installing `./config.sub'
configure.in:33: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
Makefile.am:10: required directory ./exosip does not exist
console/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
gnome/Makefile.am: installing `./compile'
gsmlib/Makefile.am:26: `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not
override it;
gsmlib/Makefile.am:26: use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.
gsmlib/Makefile.am:27: `CPPFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not
override it;
gsmlib/Makefile.am:27: use `AM_CPPFLAGS' instead.
Makefile.am:10: required directory ./exosip does not exist
gsmlib/Makefile.am:26: `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not
override it;
gsmlib/Makefile.am:26: use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.
gsmlib/Makefile.am:27: `CPPFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not
override it;
gsmlib/Makefile.am:27: use `AM_CPPFLAGS' instead.
Generating build scripts in eXosip...
./autogen.sh: line 24: cd: exosip: No such file or directory
Generating build scripts in oRTP...
./autogen.sh: line 28: cd: oRTP: No such file or directory

then running ./configure, ends like this:

Install prefix   /usr/local
C compiler       gcc
CPU              x86
MMX enabled      yes
gprof enabled    no
grab enabled     yes
Creating config.mak and config.h
configure: configuring in oRTP
configure: WARNING: no configuration information is in oRTP
Linphone build configuration ended.
Libgnome and/or libgnomeui are missing. For that reason the gnome
interface cannot be compiled.

i've got libgnome and libgnomeui, both v2.4, devel packages installed.

sorry to keep hassling you like this, but any pointers would be
appreciated.

by the way, is any help needed with documentation? seeing as i seem to be
getting into the guts of this stuff slightly, maybe i can put what i'm
learning to some practical use!

thanks
will