Re: [Linphone-developers] jack

From: Will Kemp
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] jack
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:17:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Tobias Gehrig wrote:

> the original jack code I posted on the 27th of august connected to the
> jack-daemon on startup and disconnected when closing linphone. I changed
> that behavior to overcome the problem that when the jack daemon crashed
> I had to restart linphone to be able to use jack. If you don't need the
> ability to reconnect to jack when necessary, you can use the code I
> posted first (27th august).

cool. thanks for that!

> I think there are no big changes necessary to change the behavior as you
> want it. If that is generally wanted I could change that.

personally, i think it's likely to be more useful with jack that way.
but maybe it would be nice to be able to choose which behaviour you want
in the config dialogue box - maybe by having two possible choices for jack
in the "Use sound device" slot.

but, i suppose, as jack and the linux kernel develop it ought to become
unnecessary to design software to deal with the server crashing! ;-)

thanks for the patch. and thanks for your help.

regards
will