[Linphone-developers] jack

From: Will Kemp
Subject: [Linphone-developers] jack
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:56:43 +0000 (GMT)

hi!

i've got linphone working with jack now and it seems to work reasonably
well - although my system hasn't really got enough ram, so it ain't
working as well as it could be if i had another 512MB!

anyway, it's pretty cool!

but one thing that occurs to me is that when running with jack, linphone's
audio interface needs to be persistent, rather than appearing when a call
is in progress and then disappearing again. it makes it very awkward to
connect other jack devices to it - as it's not there until the call's
happening.  it's also not necessary for it to be disconnected when not in
use, as it is with alsa or oss.

is there any way to change this behaviour at the moment?

thanks
will