[Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler

From: Charles Eidsness
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:50:08 -0400

Hi All,

I've been working on an acoustic echo canceler for Linphone. I have something that kind-of works for me and thought I'd post it in case there's someone else out there interested. I think it just needs a little more tuning, I hope to have it functional someday.

I've been using Linphone 0.12.1, and am using uClibc on an embedded MIPS processor so there's a chance it may not work on another platform. I've been trying to keep everything as fixed-point math since there's no FPU on my processor but I did implement a couple filters as floating point. (I'm using soft-float from gcc compiler) Also, I borrowed liberally from the mark2 echo canceler which is part of the Zaptel package for Asterisk so you can look at it as well if you're super-keen.

I split my changes / additions into three patches to make them easier to take a quick look at:

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.source.patch
-- adds ec.c and ec.h to the mediastreamer

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.msEC.patch
-- adds msEC.c, msEC.h and test_ec to the mediastreamer

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.setup.patch
-- edits the mediastreamers Makefile.am, audiostream.c and mediastream.h to add a echo canceler filter block in the audio stream

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.patch
-- all three patches in one file

Cheers,
Charles