Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem using linphone

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem using linphone
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:39:46 +0100

Hello,

You have pointed a misfunction of your audio driver. It is sadly very frequent (probably a half of the kernel-2.4 audio drivers). Hopefully, all drivers from the alsa family (http://www.alsa-project.org) work great and they will solve your problem and offer a much better performance for latency.
Simon

Alexandre Pereira da Silva wrote:

I have some problems using linphone.
I have 2 machines on my LAN. One of then is a thin client
and the other one is a full debian system.

I tried the same console version of linphone on both machines
and I coudn't hear anything.
Sniffing the network I saw no RTP packets.

After some code debuging I found out that the can_read function on the oss
driver was returning FALSE. Temporarily, I've changed that to TRUE.

Now, the buffer gets some data and the packets get sent, but every speex frame
gets 20 bytes. Is that it?
Using the sipomatic works fine, so the problem is not on the decoding part.

Any hints?

For the sake of completeness I use debian testing, gcc-3.2.