Re: [Linphone-developers] send and receive?

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] send and receive?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:06:13 +0100

Hello,

Using 2 threads for sending/receiving is fine. I think it is also possible to use one thread to do both operations, with receiving first. I think you can use the same timestamp to pass to the recv and send functions, and increment it of 160 before looping.
Simon

Tomas Lundqvist wrote:

Hello!

I'm trying to use oRTP in SENDRECV mode. The problem is that I can't find any
rules for when to call rtp_session_send_with_ts() and
rtp_session_recv_with_ts() in scheduled mode. Can I call these functions
whenever I want or do I have to call them in an alternating manner? What
happens if I call one of them when the otherone is waiting for it's timestamp
and how do I handle the timestamps in SENDRECV?

It works fine to just send or just receive. But when I try to do both it
doesn't work good. I use two different threads for sending and receiving and
these two threads are not syncronized to each other. It seems like my app sends
more than it receives. Are there any priorities between send and receive? In
what manner should I call send and recv to make this work? Should I use just
one thread and call them in an alternating manner? I see that both sending and
receiving use the same port, is this part of the problem? Since it is possible
to both send and receive (SENDRECV) there must be some correct procedure to
both send and receive with fixed timeintervals!

I really appreciate some help on this!

Regards,

--
TOMAS LUNDQVIST