Re: [Linphone-developers] sndcard input sources

From: Jamey Hicks
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] sndcard input sources
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:03:26 -0500

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 04:43, Simon MORLAT wrote:
> Hello Jamey,
>
> Is this for an alsa driver ?
> Alsa drivers seem to have normalized names for inputs : "Mic", "Phone"
> etc...

The names are almost standardized.  And for translation purposes they
need to be standardized.

My primary goal here is for each sound card only to present the input
choices available.  My laptop has 7 input choices, the h3600 ipaq has 1
input choices, and the iPAQ H5xxx has 2 choices: internal Mic and
external Mic.  Maybe that is Mic and Phone on the H5xxx.

> Why not assuming that all different intputs would always have those name
> and then just add:
> gint snd_card_set_rec_source(SndCard *obj, const char * inputname);
> that would replace the old snd_card_set_rec_source(SndCard*, char)
> prototype.
> Then a function
> gboolean snd_card_rec_source_exists(SndCard *obj, const char *inputname);
> to know if a particular input exists for the soundcard.
> Tell me if it fits your requirement. If ok, you can make the patch.

This makes sense to me.  I'll start working on it.

-Jamey