Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP Mixer

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP Mixer
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:20:18 +0200

Hello,

Le sam 18/10/2003 à 23:26, address@hidden a écrit :

> I'm asking this beacuse I need to mix sound from different sources (in order
> to create ONE output stream), so I can build some kind of multiconference
> application. I'm not sure if it is the RTP mixer that performs that kind of
> mixing that I refer to.
It is. An RTP mixer receives several RTP streams, decode the streams,
mix them together (various algorithm are possible depending on the type
of conference), and outputs one or more streams. Each outputted stream
being a mix of all/some of the input streams.
As you see, an RTP mixer cannot have a place within a protocol stack
like oRTP, as it involves codec compression/decompression. However RTP
mixer can be done on top of oRTP.
Simon