[Linphone-developers] oRTP - compilation failed : uint* and errno undef

From: Chris
Subject: [Linphone-developers] oRTP - compilation failed : uint* and errno undefined
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:53:11 +0100

Hello,

I don't know exactly where to post this but as oRTP stands in Linphone I hope it's the right place.

I unsuccessfully tried to compile oRTP (0.6.0 and CVS) out of Linphone (standalone). My config is a Slackware linux 8.1 with Glib-1.2.

So compilation is done without Glib support (identical to HPUX config). But compilation process complains about undefined 'uint*' types and 'errno' variable in 'rtpport.h'.

I found two solutions for that :

1 - As configure script is checking for the availability of standard C header, the uint* types are defined in 'stdint.h' and the 'errno' variable in 'errno.h'. So changing this in 'rtpport.h' :

/* defines things that should be defined when we have not glib */
#ifndef HAVE_GLIB
#include <sys/types.h>
/* integer types */
typedef  uint64_t guint64;
typedef  uint16_t guint16;
typedef  uint32_t guint32;
typedef  int32_t gint32;

by this :

/* defines things that should be defined when we have not glib */
#ifndef HAVE_GLIB
#include <stdint.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <errno.h>
/* integer types */
typedef  uint64_t guint64;
typedef  uint16_t guint16;
typedef  uint32_t guint32;
typedef  int32_t gint32;

resolves the problem ('sys/types.h' defines 'u_int*' types).

2 - As the goal is to define 'guint*' types, importing those type definitions might be a solution. So changing this in 'rtpport.h' :

/* defines things that should be defined when we have not glib */
#ifndef HAVE_GLIB
#include <sys/types.h>
/* integer types */
typedef  uint64_t guint64;
typedef  uint16_t guint16;
typedef  uint32_t guint32;
typedef  int32_t gint32;

by this :

/* defines things that should be defined when we have not glib */
#ifndef HAVE_GLIB
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <errno.h>
/* integer types */
typedef unsigned long long guint64;
typedef unsigned short guint16;
typedef unsigned int guint32;
typedef signed int gint32;

should solve the problem.

I tried first solution successfully including runtime tests (test programs). But I don't know about HPUX issue as I don't have such a system. It should be check against it.

I hope it will be usefull

Chris