[Linphone-developers] Re: help reqd registering with proxy

From: Peter Wang
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Re: help reqd registering with proxy
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:42:51 +0800

> Hi,
>     I have my PC on local network and my proxy server resides on the =
> internet. I tried to register myself with the server. I found that my =
> request was sent to proxy server but i could not receive any response =
> since my ip address was not visible to the proxy server. How can I =
> register myself with proxy in such scenarios? Do I have to have a global =
> ip address ?
>
> Any help is appriciated.
> Yogesh Deshpande

In order to receive any response from the proxy server,you should tell the
proxy server your outbound IP address,
this is the sip protocol's limitation,MSN Messenger can do this because it can
do port map and get the outbound
IP address when running on Windows 98,ME and XP,certainly,your outbound
server/route should support UPNP.
In my mind,linphone didn't support it.