[Linphone-developers] Linphone without Gnome either intalled or running?

From: Shane Purtill
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone without Gnome either intalled or running??
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:08:44 +0100

Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of using Linphone without Gnome on the machine at all. I would obviously have to write a new GUI that does not use Gnome but I am wondering if I use the Linphone APIs does this remove the requirement for Gnome to at least be present on the machine? I imagine that Gnome is used for the GUI and hence if the GUI is removed Gnome is no longer required.

Failing that, is the full Gnome required to be present on the system? I am working on a system with VERY limited memory and would not have 200Mb free for Gnome.

Any help in this is much appreciated,

Shane Purtill