Re: Transparent box around notes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Transparent box around notes
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 04:38:30 +0000 (UTC)

> [...] the snippet is _very_ useful, and certainly much easier to use
> than the lsr snippet.

Please submit the example as a new LSR snippet.

Note that we already have a (slightly different) issue for that:

  https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/833

It would certainly help if you could add more information to the
issue, for example, where to find the latest working example.

> I strongly encourage the community to add it to the repository,
> because the trial and error method is inaccurate and time consuming.

Are you willing to work on that?  It would need extensive tests (for
example, to add other grobs like trill spanners to the box),
documentation, and one or more regression tests.

    Werner