Re: (No subject)

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: (No subject)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:45:35 +0200

On 21 Apr 2024, at 17:58, Gian Paolo Renello <gprenello@yandex.com> wrote:

I read as you suggested but didn't find the way. Here is hte piece of score code:

\score{
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new Staff \with {
            midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
            instrumentName = "Soprani"
        } { \soprano }
        \addlyrics {\sopranoVerse_sup}
        \addlyrics { \sopranoVerse_ru }
        \addlyrics { \sopranoVerse }

You can’t use the \addlyrics shortcut when you want to place the lyrics above the staff. You’ll have to use the \new Lyrics construct (as shown in the notation manual) for those lyrics.

\score{
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new Staff = "sopranoStaff" \with {
            midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
            instrumentName = "Soprani"
        } { \new Voice = "sopranoVoice" { \soprano } }
        \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "sopStaff" } { \lyricsto "sopranoVoice" \sopranoVerse_sup }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranoVoice" \sopranoVerse_ru
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranoVoice" \sopranoVerse

Should do the trick if I didn’t mess up the syntax (cannot validate as you provided only the opening snippet, but the transition from \addlyrics to \new Lyrics is required to specify the alignAboveContext)

\addlyrics is very limited in customisation power, it’s a shorthand for creating the new Lyrics to the preceding voice (the music in between the braces ( {\soprano} ) implicitly creates an unnamed voice. In order to be able to use the \new Lyrics you also need to explicitly create the voice and give it a name to be able to reference it using the \lyricsto

all the three texts are printed under soprano staff. But what i need is \sopranoVerse_sup printed over the soprano staff since there are two voices (sop I and II) and the don't sing  the same text.

Amy idea? the alignabovecontext Staff won't work inside \addlyrics

tx for your attention

Gian Paolo