Re: Horizontal note spacing in chant template

From: Michael Werner
Subject: Re: Horizontal note spacing in chant template
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:55:09 -0400

Hi Richard,

On 2024-Apr-17 06:45, richard@oneill-griffiths.net wrote:

Hi, I’ve been using the Anglican chant template to set items for our choir and I’ve just a note spacing problem with one chant (Walford Davies) last quarter.

How do I address the note spacing for the B/C clash in the 3rd bar?

Now if there’s also an easier way to show that voice split in the tenor part, I’d  appreciate it.

Probably better ways to go about this, but what I came up with is to change the tenor part to:
TenorMusic = \relative {
  g1 af2 c2 c2
  \new Voice = "melody" {
    <<
      \new Voice {
        \voiceFour
        \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = 1.2 bf4 af4 g1
      }
      {
        \voiceOne
        c2 c1