Re: nested \set ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: nested \set ?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 10:12:17 +0000 (UTC)

>> LilyPond provides `\temporary` and `\revert` to set a grob property
>> temporarily, and afterwards the value of the grob property is the
>> same as before.
>>
>> Is there a similar possiblity for `\set` (or something usable in
>> Scheme)?  I guess not, but I couldn't find this documented
>> somewhere...
>
> \once certainly works: [...]

Yes, thanks, but this is not what I'm looking after: At the start of
my function (created with `define-music-function`), `\autoBeamOff`
gets called (i.e., the `autoBeaming` context variable is set to
`##t`), and after the function returns the previous value of
`autoBeaming` should be restored.

> Not sure why \temporary wouldn’t/shouldn’t, although I must admit I
> couldn’t find the right incantation…

It doesn't work, I've tested it.  Maybe I made a mistake, though...

    Werner