Re: LilyPond 2.25.14

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.25.14
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:23:26 +0100

On Sat, 2024-03-23 at 18:18 -0700, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2024-03-23 6:25 am, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> > We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.25.14. This is
> > termed a development release, but these are usually reliable for
> > testing new features and recent bug fixes. However, if you require
> > stability, we recommend using version 2.24.3, the current stable
> > release.
> > Please refer to the Installing section in the Learning Manual for
> > instructions how to set up the provided binaries:
> > https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.25/Documentation/learning/installing
>
> ####
> /opt/lilypond/2.25.14/bin/lilypond: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6:
> version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by
> /opt/lilypond/2.25.14/bin/lilypond)
> ####
>
> Something changed from .13 to .14?  I'm presuming my system is just
> out-of-date, and this might be expected.

Yes, 2.25.14 is built in Alma Linux 8 instead of CentOS 7 which raises
the glibc requirement. I didn't mention it in the release email because
I thought it wouldn't make a practical difference as outlined in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2024-02/msg00052.html
Which distribution are you running?

Jonas