Cyclic dependency error with change staff and trillSpan

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Cyclic dependency error with change staff and trillSpan
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:34:25 -0700

Hi again,

I am getting a cyclic dependency error with code that uses change staff and trillSpan.  Here is as minimal an example as I could create:

%%%
\version "2.24.3"
\language "english"

staffUp   = \change Staff = "upper"
staffDown = \change Staff = "lower"

rightHand = \relative {
  c''4\noBeam \staffDown \voiceOne \afterGrace g,4\startTrillSpan {
    fs16\stopTrillSpan g } \staffUp \oneVoice c'2
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" \rightHand
    \new Staff = "lower" { \clef bass s1 }

}
%%%

This produces two errors of the same type:

programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress encountered for VerticalAxisGroup.adjacent-pure-heights

continuing, cross fingers

From what I can see, the PDF output is fine. The MWE needs notes before and after the afterGrace, plus the trillSpan for the error to show. Any ideas on how to fix this?

--
Knute Snortum