Re: ragged-bottom and spacing for individual pages

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: ragged-bottom and spacing for individual pages
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:50:56 -0700

On 2024-03-21 02:08, kieren@kierenmacmillan.info wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have a separate voice where I put all my breaks and pageBreaks.  I haven't been able to make a blank markup.  TIA on how to do that.

e.g.:

\version "2.25.1"

\paper {
    indent = 0
    ragged-bottom = ##f
}

{
    \repeat unfold 2 { c'1 \break c'1 \pageBreak }
    c'1 \break c'1-\tweak padding 132 _\markup  " " \pageBreak
    \repeat unfold 2 { c'1 \break c'1 \pageBreak }
}

I thought I had a clever proposal in replacing the somewhat clumsy
-\tweak padding 132 _\markup  " "
by
\markup \vspace #40
but in the example above it doesn't give the expected effect. I have used \vspace successfully in some other situations, but here when it's used within a TextScript, I guess that LilyPond considers it as a too empty an object to be taken into account.

I had tried \vspace.  I will try to define a text function which takes just the number when I have some time with my current project.

Paul

    /Mats