Re: {<g bf> <gqs bqf>} not sounding right.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: {<g bf> <gqs bqf>} not sounding right.
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 07:43:36 +0000 (UTC)

> Try this with and without the \new Voice commented.
>
> \version "2.25.12"
>
> \language "english"
>
> \score {
>   %\new Voice
>   <<
>     {bf bqf bf}
>     {g gqs g}
>   >>
>   \layout {}
>   \midi {}
> }
>
> Obviously you would need to listen to the MIDI output.

This is a limitation of MIDI: You can only have a single pitch bend
per time step per channel.  LilyPond's rather primitive MIDI 1.0
output provides no means to circumvent this limitation.

Looking into MIDI 2.0 I see that there exists a 'per-note pitch bend'
feature, so maybe someone is going to implement that in LilyPond.

    Werner