Re: Cut time/half-time/alle breve & 8/4 time

From: Stanton Sanderson
Subject: Re: Cut time/half-time/alle breve & 8/4 time
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 20:11:54 -0600

Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion, but as stated previously, I’m trying to reproduce
the original from the Peters edition. The problem, as you point out, is that
the cut C is used in the original. Whether 8/4 or 4/2 (and I agree that 4/2 is
the most reasonable time signature), I was looking for a way of declaring the
cut C.

The included photo is from the piece (# 67. Vater Unser in Himmelreich by
Johann Kyieger, from _80 Choral Preludes_, Edition Peters, No. 4440, Copyright
1947). I think I purchased it some time around 1959.

Stan