Re: lilypond does not generate pdf - new install on mac os sonoma

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: lilypond does not generate pdf - new install on mac os sonoma
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 07:45:47 +0100

On 20 Nov 2023, at 04:02, Abe Raher <gankogui@gmail.com> wrote:

p.s. This story ended oddly.

I uninstalled ghostscript and then installed ghostscript 10.02.0.

I pinned that version.

Still got the error ...

Uninstalled lilypond.

Reinstalled lilypond – this required unpinning ghostscript.

Now it's all working. Odd because we're back to the latest ghostscript which is what we thought was the source of the error.

Not that odd that your 'latest editions' setup works, because your actions also updated lilypond to the (brand new) 2.24.3, which contains a fix for the finddevices issue with the latest ghostscript version.

% lilypond --loglevel=debug template-notes-only.ly

Log level set to 287

GNU LilyPond 2.24.3 (running Guile 3.0)