Re: Conditional Complilation

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Conditional Complilation
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:50:15 -0800

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 9:21 PM Vaughan McAlley <vaughan@mcalley.net.au> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 at 12:09, Ken Ledeen <kledeen@nevo.com> wrote:
Hi All,

From time to time I would like to include / exclude portions of the total score.

Hi Ken,

For big projects I use something like this. You change a string set at the top of the file, and it compiles the movements you ask for. My Requiem was in 7 movements. It was fiddly to set up, but once that was done, it was easy to just work on one movement.

[code excluded] ...

This is a really nice solution to compiling multiple movements, thanks!  One thing I noticed is that you get warnings about zero duration scores when compiling less than the full piece.  To avoid this, you could add a spacer rest to your EmptyBookpart variable like this:

EmptyBookpart = { s4 }

That gets rid of the warnings, but it also creates little scores with just a clef and time signature.  It's a trade-off.  Personally, I don't want spurious warnings in my LilyPond log, so I choose the spacer rest solution.

--
Knute Snortum