Re: Two small issues

From: Peter Mayes
Subject: Re: Two small issues
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 09:44:20 +0000

Thanks for the response.

The \turn placement is exactly what I needed.

I may not have been clear enough on the second question. The four movements are engraved in four separate \score blocks. The change of key signature is the very last thing at the end of the first movement. There are no more notes to come.

I have since learned about silent notes, and I get almost what I want if I add a silent note after the advisory key change. But then the bar lengths are altered. To put the two result together:

Ideally what I want is the first version, but with the stave extending just enough to go through the key signature.

Apologies that these are beginners' questions. Help from the experts is much appreciated!

Best wishes -- Peter