Re: Moving \dim or \cresc

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Moving \dim or \cresc
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 07:03:07 -0700

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 1:59 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

When I was experimenting with moving the X and Y offsets of \dim and \cresc, I found that X-offset doesn't seem to work with a tweak or an override.

X-offset is rarely meaningful with spanners because they conceptually have two X positions, not one.

You can adjust them independently with

\override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.left.padding = 1

\override DynamicTextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = 1

 Thank you for the explanation. That does what I was hoping for.