New version 2.25.9 on Windows "feels" slower and less reliable

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: New version 2.25.9 on Windows "feels" slower and less reliable
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 16:45:40 +0200

Hi list,

the new version 2.25.9 seems to take considerably longer than e.g. 2.25.8 though I have yet to do precise measurements.

Am I the only one who thinks that's the case?
Or is that an (already) known problem?

Further I do very regularly get errors like this:
Fitting music on 5 or 6 pages...Assertion failed: my_index == 0, file /home/lily/lilypond-2.25.9/release/binaries/mingw/lilypond/lilypond-2.25.9/lily/page-breaking.cc, line 1083

This happens during entering music and creating an interim version for proof reading. I then continue to add music and the error goes away only to return after having added more music. It feels like an on/off thing depending on some weird constellation of the music.

I don't have a MWE but am happy to send a larger file if that helps.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd@qata.de