How do I set the Scheme sandbox to \language = "english"?

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: How do I set the Scheme sandbox to \language = "english"?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 17:56:46 -0400

I'm trying to learn more about Scheme by "playing in the sandbox".

When I tried to convert the string "d" to a pitch, it converted correctly.

When I tried the same thing with "bf" I ended up with what I think is
still a string.

I'm guessing that's because the sandbox is not using English note names.

Is there a variable to set or some sort of "include" that would
convince it to use English note names?