Using markup-like functions outside of markup (layout/props)

From: Kyle Baldwin
Subject: Using markup-like functions outside of markup (layout/props)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:22:42 -0700

Hello -

I'm trying to use the `book-first-page` scheme function to write the first page
to a file in order to do some automated score processing. `book-first-page`
takes the layout and props arguments, however, I'm having a hard time wrapping
my head around accessing the layout and props properties without using a
\markup command.

Does anyone have any guidance on this and/or a better way to get the first page
programmatically. Thank you!

-Kyle