Re: I am having error anyone have any answer

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: I am having error anyone have any answer
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 15:57:51 +0200

Well, you should find the actual error message earlier in the log.

For example, suppose I compile this file with version 2.24:

\version "2.26"

{ c' }

The log looks like this:

 Starting lilypond 2.24.2 [Untitled]...
Processing `/tmp/frescobaldi-b9wj4_le/tmpvygadn4n/document.ly'
Parsing...
error: program too old: 2.24.2 (file requires: 2.26)
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Converting to `document.pdf'...
fatal error: failed files: "/tmp/frescobaldi-b9wj4_le/tmpvygadn4n/document.ly"
Exited with return code 1.

As you can see, the error at the end is caused by the error earlier
("program too old"). LilyPond kindly continued processing the file
(it could have halted), but still alerts about the error by
not reporting a success message at the end.

Best,
Jean