Re: Markup block that "interrupts" the header?

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Markup block that "interrupts" the header?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:28:24 -0700

You could "fake" the opus by putting it in markup instead of the header (see attached).

--
Knute Snortum

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 5:08 PM Joseph Srednicki <jos.srednicki@verizon.net> wrote:
Hello:

When coding organ pieces, I want the registration to appear following the header.

In the following example, I inserted the registration in a markup block before the score block. When Lilypond renders the music, there is a large gap between the lines containing the composer's name and the opus number. The markup block containing the registration seems to "interrupt" the header.

What is the recommended best way to code what I am trying to accomplish so that the markup block does not interrupt the header?

I searched for an example but did not find appropriate results. If I missed something in the documentation or Lilypond snippets that will address this situation, please feel free to send me the link.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to provide an answer.