Re: Changing the size of the TabStaff clef

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Changing the size of the TabStaff clef
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 18:25:31 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le vendredi 18 août 2023 à 16:34 +0100, Richard Shann a écrit :
>> Is it possible to reduce the size of the TabStaff clef?
>> this doesn't work:
>> \version "2.24.1"
>> <<
>>   \new TabStaff \with {
>>    \override TabStaff.Clef.font-size = #-1
>                ^^^^^^^^^
>
> You should remove this, you're already in a \with { ... } for TabStaff.
>
> (There is an issue for this quirk:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1254#note_594663257 )

I am not sure there is a reasonable fix for this since \with does double
duty for passing named arguments to functions.  You may want to argue
that \override/\revert should not be used in that fashion, but
assignments/\set have sort of the same problem (though admittedly
different syntax anyway).

--
David Kastrup