Re: Is there a better way to have a boxed part letter at the beginning o

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: Is there a better way to have a boxed part letter at the beginning of an arbitrary line?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:50:32 -0400

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 2:42 PM Michael Werner <reznaeous@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kevin.
>
> It sounds like you might be able to do want you want with rehearsal marks.
> They're built into Lilypond and do pretty much what you seem to be
> describing. Details at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/bars#index-rehearsal-mark

While this is also good to know about, and I thank you, it turns out
that the \sectionLabel is more of what I'm looking for. In your
example, the boxed text is too far to the right, whereas the
\sectionLabel put the label right above the clef sign, which is what I
was trying to achieve.

(Nonetheless, I'll file this message in my tips drawer as well. I can
see where it may come in handy.)