Multi Measure Rests in Cadenzas

From: Calvin Ransom
Subject: Multi Measure Rests in Cadenzas
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 02:17:51 +0000

I have a cadenza where Staff A rests while Staff B plays and after the cadenza Staff A comes back in.

In the below minimal example, there is an extra rest added above the note when Staff A comes back in. How do I get rid of this rest? If I use r1 instead of R1 I don’t have this issue (but I need to use R1 as my cadenzas are longer than a single measure)

%%%%% SNIPPET BEGINS %%%%%

\version "2.24.1"

\new ChoirStaff <<

  \new Staff         {