Re: margins

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: margins
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:16:19 -0400

Indeed I did.  And somehow that never occured to me.

Thanks,

Shane

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023, 5:23 PM Hans Aikema <hans.aikema@aikebah.net> wrote:

On 21 Jul 2023, at 23:08, Shane Brandes <shane.brandes@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Today I was working on a project and I tried setting the top and bottom margins in the paperblock in the 2.24.0 version. Nothing changed so I ended up editing the paper-defaults-init.ly. That caused the change I wanted, but why isn't  the paper block part working? The side margins work just fine. It is odd and was a time waster finding a workaround. Any explanations?

regards,
Shane

I suspect you set the paper-size AFTER the top-margin

Working:
{ c' }
\paper {
    #(set-paper-size "a4")