Re: Engraving a triple-stop for violin

From: Jun Tamura
Subject: Re: Engraving a triple-stop for violin
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 21:05:56 +0900

Thank you, Valentin and David.

I was not aware that << >> construct can be used this way.

I do seem to remember that LilyPond did
not deal well with it?

“1.5.1 Single voice — Simultaneous expressions” of NR says:

This can be useful if the simultaneous sections have identical rhythms, but attempts to attach notes with different durations to the same stem will cause errors.

I think that the code

\new Voice << g4 e' e''2^. >>

is attaching notes with different durations to the same stem but I do not see any error message.

Jun