Re: Colored circle around note

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Colored circle around note
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 15:47:37 +0200

Le samedi 13 mai 2023 à 14:13 +0200, Luca Rossetto Casel a écrit :

Hello everyone,

I'm working on an example for a musicological paper. I was requested to highlight some notes drawing a colored circle around them. I found the snippet

https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=722

and I tried to adapt it to my needs... but without success (I didn't ever studied Scheme, but I'd like to learn how to use it: all I was able to do is to change the color of the circle and the notehead).

How can I change the color of the circle, leaving the notehead black?

Thanks in advance!!!

Re "I'd like to learn how to use Scheme": are you aware of https://extending-lilypond.gitlab.io ?

With that being said, this can be refactored to use markup, making it perhaps more familiar for someone without Scheme background:

\version "2.24.1"

circleB =
\once \override NoteHead.stencil =
#(grob-transformer
  'stencil
  (lambda (grob original)
    (grob-interpret-markup
     grob
     #{
        \markup \with-outline \stencil #original
        \overlay {
          \stencil #original
          \align-on-other #X
            #CENTER \stencil #original
            #CENTER \draw-circle #1.5 #0.1 ##f
          }
     #})))

{
  \circleB c'' \circleB c'' \circleB c''2
  \circleB c''1 \circleB c''8 \circleB a'8
  \circleB b'16 \circleB c''16 \circleB b'16 \circleB a'16
  \circleB f'2
}

You can then add \with-color "red" before \draw-circle or do other transformations.

Jean