Re: bookOutputName still gets "-1" suffix added to SVG file names

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: bookOutputName still gets "-1" suffix added to SVG file names
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 10:12:23 +0200

Le jeudi 30 mars 2023 à 23:09 -0600, Jeff Olson a écrit :
> Both are properly cropped, as opposed to whole (tall?) pages.

The name "-dtall-page" could perhaps be clearer. It means that all
normal pages are taken and squashed together vertically.

If you also specify -dno-use-paper-size-for-page, each page is
cropped (as opposed to having the full size of the paper),
so you effectively get cropped output.

Maybe this will be clearer to you if you compile

```
\version "2.24.1"

\header {
  title = "Title"
  copyright = "Copyright"
  % try commenting out:
  tagline = ##f
}

% try commenting out:
#(ly:set-option 'use-paper-size-for-page #f)

#(ly:set-option 'tall-page-formats 'pdf)
{ c' \break c' \pageBreak c' \pageBreak c' }
```

> Based on these limited descriptions and discussions, and my
> requirement
> for properly cropped multi-system scores in separate image files, as
> opposed to un-cropped whole pages (tall pages?), I'd still think
> separate-page-formats should work.

-dtall-page-formats does do properly cropped multi-system scores.
I'm not sure what you mean by "in separate image files". There
is one image file per \book. Or did you mean "cropped
multi-*page* scores with one image per page"? (But in that
case, you might have several SVGs/PNGs for each MIDI.)

> Or am I still missing the one place where that explanation is
> provided?

It's here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/usage/other-programs