Re: temporarily overriding paper variables

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: temporarily overriding paper variables
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 07:44:08 +0000 (UTC)

>> ```
>>
>> I wonder whether it is possible to temporarily override paper
>> variables at the top level, something like
>>
>> ```
>> \once \set markup-system-spacing.padding = 0
>> \markup { ... }
>>
>> \score { ... }
>> ```
>
> Unfortunately, no.

OK, thanks.

> However, you should be able to get your desired output using a
> `\vspace` in the markup.

Nope, this doesn't work, AFAICS.  I have a paper setting

```
\once \set markup-system-spacing.padding = 2.5
```

and my code uses

```
\markup \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0) {

\score { ... }
```

and there is apparently no way to make the markup really
'transparent', i.e., taking zero vertical space.  The padding between
markup and system is always inserted, and I wasn't able to find a
solution to give the markup a 'negative height'.

    Werner