Re: oddHeaderMarkup

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: oddHeaderMarkup
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 10:08:37 +0100

If you compile your score you should see an error like

/tmp/frescobaldi-vl88zcuk/tmpo3h9r9ob/document.ly:5:18: Fehler: Guile signaled
an error for the expression beginning here
    \on-the-fly #
                 part-not-first-page \fontsize #-1.0 \fromproperty
#'header:subtitle
Unbound variable: part-not-first-page
/tmp/frescobaldi-vl88zcuk/tmpo3h9r9ob/document.ly:5:17: Fehler: falscher Typ
für Argument 1; procedure erwartet, #<unspecified> gefunden
    \on-the-fly
                #part-not-first-page \fontsize #-1.0 \fromproperty
#'header:subtitle
ERROR: In procedure ly:parse-file:
In procedure reverse!: Wrong type argument in position 1: (#<unspecified> . #f)

(for me there is some german in this, but it does not really matter). Let’s
parse these messages from top to bottom:

The first is a GUILE message "Unbound variable: part-not-first-page", which
means that there exists no binding for part-not-first-page. As Jean explained
this should actually have been not-part-first-page when this still worked as
you can see documented here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/custom-titles-headers-and-footers#custom-layout-for-headers-and-footers

But this does also not work with 2.24 anymore, as these specifc function hooks
have been removed. The currend interface is documented in the 2.24 docs:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/custom-titles-headers-and-footers#custom-layout-for-headers-and-footers

Then the next message is a parsing error: \on-the-fly requires a precedure as
first argument, but as the procedure in question does not exists it gets the
special value #<unspecified>.

Cheers,
Valentin