Re: Benefits of Cairo backend over Ghostscript for PDF

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Benefits of Cairo backend over Ghostscript for PDF
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:10:45 +0000

From: Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@mailbox.org>

In this day of gigabyte this an terabyte that, does a large PDF matter
very much? What is the issue of concern?

Unnecessary waste of resources is always a poor idea, especially if it is unexplained.

My concern is more wondering that if the ordinary PDF is of the required quality (defined how?), what is being changed to increase its size so much?  And if an unexplained change is being which is so visible to us, what changes might be happening that we haven't noticed.

Paul