Re: Cues and Rest Collision Warning

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Cues and Rest Collision Warning
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:13:20 +0100

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 at 12:55, Archer Endrich <archerhgm@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason I used c'1\rest was so that the rest would be placed on the
> bottom line of the Staff.  I would really like a centered rest (R1) but
> this automatically places it on the 2nd line from the top, which does
> conflict with the music of the cue.

Hello,

Replace your c'1\rest with

  \voiceTwo
  R1
  \oneVoice

In case the positioning of the multi-measure rest is not satisfactory you can use
\once \override MultiMeasureRest.staff-position = #-6
as documented in NR 1.2.2 Writing rests > Full measure rests

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com>