Not sure how to construct an example--need to mark repeat signs undernea

From: Matthew Probst
Subject: Not sure how to construct an example--need to mark repeat signs underneath, without wrapping to next line
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:29:24 -0600

I'm not quite sure how to construct an example--I'm working on my scoring for rock/funk band, and I have everything under control due to the great help I've received here.

One final sticking point is that I like to mark repeat signs underneath with a "2x" or "4x".  I've been using  tweaked \marks:

    \tweak direction #DOWN \mark "4x"

Problem is, if the closing repeat mark is at the end of a line of music as it decides to typeset it, this text appears at the beginning of the next line instead of at the ending repeat barline where I want it.

I'm guessing that this is not the best way to mark a bar, and I'm not finding the right terminology/concepts to search for what I want on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  You can see the score and parts and lilypond here:

https://files.bobpat.band/s/Mdf5KaYtH5kScSe

Pardon my part writing errors and such, still polishing that up in the horn parts.  Look for a separate "part" in the includes/parts.ly file, which gets added as an invisible staff to the score and parts main .ly files in the root folder.  I'm including some Lilypond scheme files created for me by this list but they shouldn't be part of this issue.

Thanks in advance.