Re: String Number Appears, Then Disappears

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: String Number Appears, Then Disappears
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 22:07:26 -0500

On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 1:59 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le vendredi 03 mars 2023 à 19:58 +0100, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :

Le vendredi 03 mars 2023 à 13:38 -0500, Mark Mathias a écrit :

If there is a more felicitous means of separating notes and fingerings, I'd be happy to see it. (Cf., "Your way of entering the music is not general...")

Perhaps take a look at https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=768.

Sorry, depending on your mail client, you might get the final period in the URL, making it incorrect. Try: https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=768

The first link worked fine, thank you. This Scheme solution works. I really appreciate the insight and the LSR link. It isn't any easier than what I was doing, but it preserves the LilyPond logic, which is good. Unfortunately, Frescobaldi no longer links the finger numbers in the pdf back to the code for quicker editing, but I can live with that.

To be honest, although I frequent the snippets in the manual, I'd forgotten about the existence of the LilyPond Snippet Repository!

Best Wishes,
Mark