Different noteheads left/right to the stem

From: József Pap
Subject: Different noteheads left/right to the stem
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:29:01 +0100

Hi all,

Is there a way to print different noteheads to the left and right side of the stem? I have a custom notehead stencil function already, but I can't seem to obtain the necessary information (i.e. whether the notehead will go on left/right side of the stem) from the stencil's scope. I can access the stem grob and read its direction, but it isn't sufficient, since crowded chords have noteheads on both sides.

Thanks for any tips in advance,
Jozsef