Problems with small staves (Barlines, spanbars, enlarged arpeggios)

From: Hans Kenneth Cua
Subject: Problems with small staves (Barlines, spanbars, enlarged arpeggios)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:54:13 +0800

Hi, I am having some problems with regards to using smaller/ossia staves.

For the problems I am about to list, I will provide dummy code (this format is exactly what I am using for my current score, plus a few unneeded overrides that I have removed for convenience):

\version "2.22.1"

\new StaffGroup \with {
  \override SpanBar.glyph-name = #"!"
  \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver } <<
  \new PianoStaff \with {
      \override SpanBar.glyph-name = #"|"
      connectArpeggios = ##t
    } <<
    \new Staff = "vOssiaRight" \with {
      \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
      fontSize = #-3
      \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
      \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"
    } \relative { c''1\arpeggio }
    \new Staff = "vOssiaLeft" \with {
      \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
      fontSize = #-3
      \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
      \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"
    } \relative { c'1\arpeggio }

  \new PianoStaff \with {
      \override SpanBar.glyph-name = #"|" } <<
    \new Staff = "right" \relative { c'1 }
    \new Staff = "left" \relative { \clef bass c1 }

1. Cross-staff arpeggios are normal size even when they are in smaller staves. How can this be fixed?
2. I wish to increase the gap between dashes of the SpanBar. My true intention here is to match the dashed barline produced by a normally sized staff, because when you have ossias below the staff and none above, LilyPond will use the size of the topmost staff to determine the dashed barline gap. If other parts of the score have below-staff ossias, this becomes inconsistent.
3. This is pretty weird, refer to the image. This is the final measure of the piece. I have \bar "|." as well as the StaffGroup's SpanBar overridden to #"|." and this is what it produces. No ossia staff above (removed by \RemoveAllEmptyStaves). What's weird is that when I deleted all the left hand ossias up to a certain point, it fixed by itself, but letting one more measure stay would mess it up as in the image. No \key changes, no \time changes, nothing whatsoever; just a random bar that is very much like its previous and succeeding bars. What's causing this problem and how can I fix this? (any workaround is welcome if the problem cannot be solved directly)