Re: fonts on windows

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: fonts on windows
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:03:08 -0700

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 6:47 PM Michael Rivers <michaeljrivers@gmail.com> wrote:
That sounds exactly like the case. Would anyone happen to know how to install the fonts system-wide?

I'm not Aaron, but this is very easy to do. However, Windows treats this folder a bit special and, as others have suggested, the user interacts with it differently than other normal folders. To install a font system-wide, you first open a file explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts, which then will show you the fonts, organized by font family (if you double-click on any family, it will show you the individual fonts in the family). You then simply drag+drop the font file(s) onto the Fonts folder and Windows will pop up an "installer" dialog box, which disappears when successful. This does more than just put the fonts in the right folder. Windows does some other things, like doing some font file validation to make sure it's a valid font and adding entries to the system registry. So, I don't recommend using the command line to copy font files into that folder, but you can do that. Windows just doesn't perform the same functions as when you do it graphically and the font may not be found by other applications.

Hope that helps,
Abraham