Re: Vibrato (wavy lines) notation

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Vibrato (wavy lines) notation
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 20:41:07 +0100

Hello Richard,

The file you’ve given us has a lot of nonsensical quoting in lines 149-153.

Basically `(path ...) is already quasi-quoted, so there is no reason to quote
the symbol round (as it is already quoted). Also you will get an error for
line 150 where we have

`(,@',(concatenate path-final))

So we first quasi-quote something that is already quasi-quoted, then we create
a list, use an unquote splice operator (,@), which basically evaluates the
expression to a list and then gives the entries of the list instead of the
list (note we are CREATING a list first just to splice something into it –
instead of this we can simply do ,(concatenate path-final)), then we are
quoting the whole thing we just unquoted again to add another unquote, which
does not work as the last quote was not a quasi-quote.

So to get it to work closest to what’s in the file we’d need to do

(,@`,(concatenate path-final))

Or alternatively

,`(,@`,(concatenate path-final))

But much more intelligent would be simply doing this:

,(concatenate path-final)

I have appended a fixed version of your file.

Cheers,
Valentin